The Morning Eclipse

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The pizza crust color




After baking for a couple of weeks, I finally found the magic crispy brown pizza color!

Oh what 100 degrees Fahrenheit can make! hehe


The 5 hour bake

It all started at 6pm.  I was carefully weighing and mixing my test recipe while bearing the rainy damp humid air.  I mixed in the yeast into my concoction and powdered in the flour. The liquid result actually looked like the whitish-yellowish Yakult color.  

I kneaded and kneaded until I was bored.  It was interesting for the first 15 minutes.  First you'd see white powedery balls and then they turn into white sticky- very sticky- balls of paste.  After pressing, folding and doing the same thing, I came out with play dough look-a-likes!  

I slapped them into the pan and fired up the giant ovens!  Yes.  I had two giant industrial-sized ovens! har har  I pre-heated the oven and placed in the pizza crust for several minutes.  

Beep went the timer, and I slowly removed the pizza crust with my thickly protected hands.  You had to respect the oven at this temperatures.  I had horror stories of it...  

After being satisfied with my crust's color, I experimented more and decided to crank up the temperature by a hundred degrees!  *naughty smile*  This was the face of the 5 year old who couldn't play with the oven before!  After repeating the process, we got our burned crust- as black as dirt and smelling coal!

**********************************************
Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Never tire.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • It looks like a seashell! :) harharharhar!!! :D Anyways, mukha na syang masaya pag may toppings hahaha!! malungkot pa sya walang toppings eh hahaha!!

    By Blogger 10thavenue, At Thu Sep 25, 01:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home